Obsolete classes/methods do not display the "This API is obsolete.." text in the detail view.

Jan 29, 2008 at 10:40 PM
Classes and methods tagged as obsolete do not display the "This API is obsolete.." text in the detail view.
The class/method is marked as obsolete using the ObsoleteAttribute in the source code file. As excepted the summery view of the namespace or classes has the text "Obsolete" next to the class/method description. However when the class/method details page is viewed no indeication of it being obsolete exists. As in MSDN I expect the text "This API is obsolete..." to be displayed in this view.

I'm using the Jan 2008 release of Sandcaslte and v1.6.0.4 of the Sandcastle Help Builder.
Also tried applying the presentation patch.
Oct 21, 2009 at 3:17 AM

(Bump)

Is anyone else experiencing this, or does anyone have a fix? I'm having the exact same issue.

My MRefBuilder.config has the following code:

<namespace name="System" expose="false">
    <type name="ObsoleteAttribute" expose="true" />
</namespace>

Editor
Oct 21, 2009 at 9:01 PM

As I recall, it used to include the message on the API topics but it got removed at some point.  The resource item is still there so it's just a matter of figuring out where in the XSL transformations to check for the attribute and include the item.

Eric

Oct 28, 2009 at 2:44 AM

Thanks Eric. I've had a look, and the only relevant XSL I can find is developerReference.xsd:258 anddeveloperReference.xsd:451.

What do I need to add in the way of XSL?

/William

Nov 8, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Also, do you recall why the obsolete message was removed? I've been tinkering with the XSL, but without much luck so far.

/William

Nov 19, 2009 at 2:54 PM

This discussion has been continued at the DocProject forums:

http://docproject.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=74716 

- Dave