Unformatted Text Tag

Feb 6, 2008 at 1:02 AM
I did not see anything in the documentation regarding tags which do not format the text. I.e. line breaks are kept at the location where they are defined within the inner text. Such as:

<noformat>
All line breaks and spaces,
are kept as-is
with no changes to
formatting
</noformat>

I realize I can do custom tags, but this seems like a common(???) need.
Editor
Feb 6, 2008 at 3:32 AM
Regular HTML tags such as <pre> will pass straight through. As such, you can put text you want to format yourself within a pre tag. You may end up with some formatting based on the presentation stylesheet. If you don't like it, you can apply a style attribute to the pre tag to alter its background color, margins, etc.

Eric
Feb 6, 2008 at 5:43 AM
You can use <br/> too, on a line-by-line basis. This shouldn't have any overal effect on the format either, unlike <pre></pre>.
Feb 6, 2008 at 5:45 AM
Thanks for the hint. Some of the ones that I tried didn't work and I assumed they all didn't. I will play a little more with this.

EWoodruff wrote:
Regular HTML tags such as <pre> will pass straight through. As such, you can put text you want to format yourself within a pre tag. You may end up with some formatting based on the presentation stylesheet. If you don't like it, you can apply a style attribute to the pre tag to alter its background color, margins, etc.

Eric