Transform for HTML Toc?

Jun 25, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Hey guys,

just trying Sandcastle now that the new version is out. Seems to be working fine so far (aside for the extreme lack of least the Test.scproj + MSBuild are super easy to use...), except that the example web template is rather horrible, and I really rather have my documentation on a web server than using CHM.

Since the doc is generates in html already, the only thing missing is an html toc... Is there a template available somewhere for that?

Jun 26, 2010 at 7:14 AM

The toc.xml contains information for the TOC, you can do whatever you want with it.

Best regards,

Jun 28, 2010 at 2:08 AM

If you use one of the community tools such as the Sandcastle Help File Builder or DocProject, you can produce website output with a TOC.  Note that since the new version of Sandcastle has just been released SHFB is not compatible with it yet.  The new version that is will be out sometime this week.  DocProject may work with it but I don't know for sure.

Jun 28, 2010 at 1:05 PM

DocProject isn't compatible yet either.  I'm working on it though and will try to have a compatible version ready by next week.

- Dave