using SandCastle in VS2010

Aug 10, 2010 at 6:14 PM
Hi, I am trying to use the latest stable release of SandCastle in VS2010. I have a 'Website' created in .Net 3.5 with C#. I am trying to build the <system.codedom>section in the web.config file as directed in the tutorial located here. But however even after the installation, I couldn't find the file 'EWSoftware.CodeDom.dll' anywhere and hence receiving some errors while compiling. Can anyone help me out? Where do I find the 'EWSoftware.CodeDom.dll'. my web.config file <system.codedom> <compilers> <compiler language="c#;cs;csharp" extension=".cs" warningLevel="4" compilerOptions="/docpath:C:\Publish\Docs" type="EWSoftware.CodeDom.CSharpCodeProviderWithDocs,EWSoftware.CodeDom, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d633d7d5b41cbb65,Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeProvider, System, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"> <providerOption name="CompilerVersion" value="v3.5"/> <providerOption name="WarnAsError" value="false"/> </compiler> </compilers> </system.codedom> The error I am getting -- The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131047) Thanks in advance. Som
Aug 10, 2010 at 7:35 PM
Edited Aug 10, 2010 at 7:36 PM

You can get the custom web code providers from the Sandcastle Styles project.  You'll need to install the assembly in the GAC or put it in your website's .\bin folder so that it can be found.  See the help file that accompanies the assembly for details.