The second release of
ResolveExternalLinksComponent is now available for download.
This release contains a few bug fixes and some new features:
- The DocProject 1.10.1 RC shipped with this component built-in, so a separate download is not required. It is automatically added to the Help 1.x and Help 2.x build component
reference stacks of newly created DocProjects and DocSites.
- Support has been added for
<seealso xref=""/> and
<seealso vref=""/>. Note that target is not supported though since Sandcastle ignores it.
- IDs are now compared using an ordinal, case-insensitive string comparer.
- The component now handles invalid mappings itself instead of relying on another component later in the stack; e.g., If
<see xref="id1"/> doesn't correspond with any of the defined mappings, then the component will output,
<span class="nolink">id1</span> in its place. If inner XML is present then it will be used instead of the ID.
- The editor can now edit component-level attributes; e.g.,
- UrlMappingProvider implementations can provide a custom UI, which is embedded into the component's editor.
- A new mapping provider,
DatabaseUrlMappingProvider allows you to specify ID values for
vref that correspond to mappings in a database.
- Works with any of the built-in Framework data providers as well as plug-ins; e.g., ODBC, OLE-DB, SQL Server and Oracle.
- Supports an explicit command timeout.
- Supports parameterized textual queries and stored procedures.
- You can specify hard-coded values for parameters.
- Alternatively, a named variable source may be specified, the value of which is taken from an attribute on the parent
<mappings> element. The supported values are