namespace heirarchy

Dec 21, 2010 at 1:18 PM

Hello,

I am just getting started with Sandclastle.  I have already used it to build a help file, but for some reason, the namespaces are displayed in a flat list, rather than a heirarchy.  I have looked all through the project parameters, but I can't seem to find a setting that would allow this to happen.  I see that there is an option in the MS Help 2 options, but I would like to do this in a chm file (HTML Help 1).  Is this possible?  If so, can somebody please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Jon

Editor
Dec 21, 2010 at 7:24 PM

If you are using the Sandcastle Help File Builder, there is a Hierarchical TOC plug-in that you can add to the project's PlugInConfigurations project property to do that.  The Help 2 property is not the same thing.  It just determines whether the help content is inserted at the root level or below a container node when merged with the Help 2 collection.

Eric

Dec 21, 2010 at 8:32 PM
Excellent, that's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks!!

Jon

To: [email removed]
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 12:25:00 -0800
Subject: Re: namespace heirarchy [Sandcastle:239118]

If you are using the Sandcastle Help File Builder, there is a Hierarchical TOC plug-in that you can add to the project's PlugInConfigurations project property to do that. The Help 2 property is not the same thing. It just determines whether the help content is inserted at the root level or below a container node when merged with the Help 2 collection.
Eric

Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Sandcastle@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email Sandcastle@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Jan 14, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Is there a way to have the help topic display all the help topic for all class members under the class topic instead of having it flattened out with the dot identifier.  For instance if I have a File Class and I have a structure named FileAccess declared within the File Class.  Can I make SandCastle generate the help topic so that FileAccess is under File Class instead of having a separate help node called File.FileAccess Structure?

Thanks,

Linh

Editor
Jan 18, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Edited Jan 18, 2013 at 7:22 PM

There isn't currently a way to do that.  Most likely it would involve modifying the document model XSL transformation in .\ProductionTransforms\ApplyVSDocModel.xsl and probably the one that generates the TOC as well.  The class prefixes are added by the presentation style so changes would be required in them too in order to remove the prefix if you didn't want it showing when nested.

Also, please note that this project has been discontinued and may not be monitored as frequently. For future questions concerning Sandcastle or SHFB, post them over on the Sandcastle Help File Builder project's discussion page. Thanks.

Eric