msbuild ignoring command line options for output paths

May 3, 2011 at 2:06 PM
Edited May 3, 2011 at 3:09 PM

OK, this one is driving me bonkers. I have written a batch file to invoke the msbuild tool to build my documentation. Here is the command line that it issues:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\msbuild  /property:WorkingPath=D:\home\svn\vx\help\Working\2011.\;OutputPath=D:\home\svn\vx\help\output\chm\;HelpFileFormat=HtmlHelp1;CustomBeforeSHFBTargets=D:\home\svn\vx\help\ponly.proj vx_all.shfbproj

The tool uses d:\home\svn\vx\help\Help\Working\ for the working directory, and it writes the output file to  d:\home\svn\vx\help\Help\. This is despite the fact that the command line specifies d:\home\svn\vx\help\Working\2011.\ for WorkingPath and d:\home\svn\vx\help\output\chm\ for OutputPath. The project file itself specifies a completely different path which is also not being used. It behaves the same regardless of whether or not I supply the plugin override project file.

I'm sure I'm doing something obviously wrong, but for the life of me I can't figure out what. I tried enclosing the paths in quotes, but then the tool used the output path specified in the project file.

Edit: For added good humor, it also ignores the HelpFileFormat property when set from the command line. Same project file, same values works fine when set through the SHFB GUI. 

May 3, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Uninstall SHFB and then download and install the v1.9.3.0 refresh for it published on 03/26.  It fixes that issue.

May 3, 2011 at 4:12 PM

(I had installed on 3/25, believe it or not.)