SHFB: Error BE0043: Unexpected error detected in last build step. See output above for details

May 15, 2011 at 3:33 PM

Now I’m getting a BE0043 error.  All was working ok and then suddenly I get this error and can’t get round it.  It’s on my laptop – everything works ok on my desktop with identical code/comments.  Reinstall Sandcastle/SHFB perhaps?

 

The offending section in the log seems to be:

 

BuildReferenceTopics

 

Building reference help topics...

[c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\MSBuild.exe]

BuildReferenceTopics:

  BuildAssembler (v2.6.10621.1)

  Copyright c Microsoft 2006

  Info: CopyFromFileComponent: Instantiating component.

  Info: CopyFromFileComponent: Loading data file 'C:\Program Files\Sandcastle\Presentation\vs2005\Transforms\skeleton.xml'.

  Info: CopyFromIndexComponent: Instantiating component.

  Info: CopyFromIndexComponent: Searching for files that match '*.xml'.

 

BUILDASSEMBLER : error: CopyFromIndexComponent: The indexed document 'C:\Program Files\Sandcastle\Data\Reflection\System.Windows.Documents.DocumentStructures.xml' is not a valid XML document. The error message is: Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 32037, position 180.

 

 

Keith

 

May 16, 2011 at 3:02 PM

Problem has disappeared by itself.  I didn’t alter the code at all.  All I did was turn the machine off over night and next day the BE0043 error is gone.  Amazing what a reboot can do.

Keith