DocToMaml 1.0 Beta is now available for download.
DocToMaml is a tool that converts HTML and XHTML help files to
Microsoft Assistance Markup Language (MAML) in a batch process.
MAML help files are used by DocProject and
Sandcastle to build user documentation in various presentation styles.
DocToMaml provides a project-based graphical user interface (GUI) for adding inputs and defining conversion rules to quickly and easily convert HTML files into MAML. Future releases will provide more flexibility for defining rules, but the beta can still be
used to greatly decrease the amount of effort that would be required to convert large numbers of HTML files into MAML, compared to doing it manually.
Some of the features of DocToMaml are:
For more information, see
- GUI and console mode.
- Project-based for quickly saving and loading different configurations.
- File and folder inputs are supported.
- Global and input-specific rule sets may be defined.
- Edit the source HTML of a file input using a WYSIWYG editor for full control over the conversion.
- Convert a file input in memory so that you can see the result quickly.
- MAML results for file inputs can be modified in a text box.
- Batch conversion saves results to disc for all file and folder inputs and generates a conceptual artwork file that can be used by Sandcastle's
ResolveArtLinksComponent build component.
- Hyperlink references to local topics are updated automatically.
- Preliminary user documentation.