Sandcastle & Windows.Mobile

May 15, 2008 at 7:09 PM
Hi,
currently I'm programming on a Windows Mobile Application and I want to use Sandcastle on it. Now I've got the problem, that, when I'm trying to do this I have received the error message
Error: Unresolved assembly reference: Microsoft.WindowsCE.Forms (Microsoft.WindowsCE.Forms, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=969db8053d3322ac, Retargetable=Yes) required by Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Status
    Last step completed in 00:00:01.5720

BUILD FAILED: Unexpected error in last build step.  See output above for details.

When I now take the Microsoft.WindowsCE.Forms - DLL (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft.NET\SDK\CompactFramework\v2.0\WindowsCE\Microsoft.WindowsCE.Forms.dll), then comes the Message

Generating API filter for MRefBuilder...
    Last step completed in 00:00:00.0060

BUILD FAILED: The object reference doasn't set on an instance of an object.

I'm using Windows Vista 64-Bit Vista. Does somebody know how to solve this problem?
Kindly regards,
Mel_One

Editor
May 15, 2008 at 7:31 PM
The Windows CE XML Comments files don't contain any members.  Instead, they contain a redirect to the core framework comments files.  SHFB doesn't currently handle that so I'll fix it in a future release.  However, in this case, it isn't an issue.  Add the dependent assembly to the Dependencies property rather than the Assemblies to Document list as that's were it really belongs.  You want the dependency included but not documented.

Eric
May 15, 2008 at 7:46 PM
Thanks, this advice has solved my problem.
Kindly regards,
Mel_One