No XML comment output when using interior_ptr

Jun 2, 2008 at 7:06 PM
I'm using C++/CLI and have a method that takes an "interior_ptr<double>" as a parameter. When this type is used, the Sandcastle chm output for that method does not contain the XML comments from my source file. The method prototype is also listed as having a "double%" parameter, which is not really correct. If I change the type to something more normal, like double, the output of Sandcastle is as it should be. This tells me that there is some problem in dealing with an interior_ptr type, most likely because C++/CLI is the only language with such a concept.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any kind of workaround for this problem? I figured out a way to manipulate the source code so that I can get valid documentation and working code, but I don't think it's good practice to hack your source code in order to get the documentation compiler to work right.
Jun 2, 2008 at 8:03 PM
Hi,

You could try updating the reflection.org file after it's generated by MRefBuilder and your XML documentation file after it's generated by the compiler so that you don't have to change your source code.

If it's a bug you should report it in the Issue Tracker.

- Dave