SendCastle Documentation Compaq Framework

Apr 25, 2012 at 2:37 PM

I have Framework 4.0 installed on my machine when I generate documentation for an assembly compiled by visual studio 2008 compaq framework 3.5, through the sendcastle, set up to use the framework 3.5, but when it will compile the documentation he is using 4.0 and thus causing an error, what I do.

error :

Generating reflection information...
[C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe]
C:\Program Files\MSBuild\4.0\Microsoft.Common.targets\ImportAfter\Microsoft.VisualStudio.SharePoint.SandboxedCompilation.targets(47,5): warning MSB4057: The target "CoreCompile" does not exist in the project.
C:\Program Files\MSBuild\4.0\Microsoft.Common.targets\ImportAfter\Microsoft.VisualStudio.SharePoint.SandboxedCompilation.targets(63,5): warning MSB4057: The target "CoreCompile" does not exist in the project.
  MRefBuilder (v2.7.0.0)
  Copyright ¸ 2006-2012, Microsoft Corporation, All Rights Reserved
  Info: Loaded 1 assemblies for reflection and 0 dependency assemblies.
MREFBUILDER : error : Unresolved assembly reference: System.Drawing (System.Drawing, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=969db8053d3322ac, Retargetable=Yes) required by VS_Funcoes [C:\Users\nova\Desktop\Help\Working\GenerateRefInfo.proj]
    Last step completed in 00:00:01.0861
-------------------------------

SHFB: Error BE0043: Unexpected error detected in last build step.  See output above for details.

Editor
Apr 25, 2012 at 3:11 PM

SHFB is using MSBuild 4.0 which is normal but that's unrelated to the framework used by the project.  The compact framework is a separate framework much like Silverlight and the Portable Frameworks.  In order to work, you need to add the compact framework assemblies as references so that it uses them rather than the normal .NET Framework assemblies to resolve references.  The compact framework hasn't been mentioned in a long time so it's not one I've added support for in SHFB.  If you can send me a sample project I can take a look at it and see about supporting it in a fashion similar to Silverlight and the Portable frameworks.  The workaround for the time being should be to add the assembly and XML comments files as documentation sources rather than the solution or project file and then locate and add the compact framework assemblies it needs as references.

Eric