NamespaceDoc.cs file builds classes but not namespace in documentation

May 15, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I’ve combined all the NamespaceDoc classes into one file.  The classes build, but the namespace Gadgeteer doesn’t.  Gadgeteer is a namespace, not a class, but I’ve been able to build documentation for it previously.  For some reason it doesn’t show in doc build when combined with the other classes.  Can you tell what I’m missing?

namespace Gadgeteer
{
    /// <summary>
    /// <para>
    /// This reference supports the .NET Gadgeteer core assemblies for NETMF 4.2. Most of the classes in 
    /// the <see cref="Gadgeteer.Modules"/> namespace are abstract and implemented by manufacturers of 
    /// Gadgeteer modules. Users of modules in production should use the F1 documentation available in 
    /// the .NET Gadgeteer Designer.  Select a module on the visual design surface and push the F1 key.
    /// An exception is the <cref="Module.DisplayModule.SimpleGraphicsInterface"/> class that supports tasks 
    /// such as displaying text, simple shapes, and images by display modules. 
    /// </para>
    /// <para>
    /// See also, the .NET Gadgeteer core reference for NETMF 4.1.
    /// </para>
    /// </summary> 
    class NamespaceDoc
    {
    }
}

namespace Gadgeteer.Interfaces
{
    /// <summary>
    /// The <see cref="Gadgeteer.Interfaces"/> namespace is primarily for manufacturers building 
    /// mainboards and modules. See the the readme.txt file included with the
    /// mainboard and module builder templates for more information about implementing these classes.
    /// </summary>
    class NamespaceDoc
    {
    }
}

namespace Gadgeteer.Modules
{
    /// <summary>
    /// <para>
    /// Most of the classes in the <see cref="Gadgeteer.Modules"/> namespace are abstract and implemented by manufacturers
    /// of Gadgeteer modules. Users of modules in production should use the F1 documentation available in the .NET Gadgeteer Designer.
    /// Select a module on the visual design surface and push the F1 key.</para>
    /// <para>
    /// An exception is the <see cref="Module.DisplayModule.SimpleGraphicsInterface "/> class that supports tasks such as displaying text, 
    /// simple shapes, and images by display modules.</para>
    /// </summary>
    class NamespaceDoc
    {
    }
}

namespace Gadgeteer.Networking
{
    /// <summary>
    /// The Gadgeteer.Networking namespace contains the Web Client and Web Server classes
    /// that are used by <c>.NET Gadgeteer</c> modules and mainboards in implementing <c>.NET Gadgeteer</c> devices.
    /// </summary>
    class NamespaceDoc
    {
    }
}

May 16, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Ok, I found the problem. It was incorrect syntax and obsolete reference in <cref="Module.DisplayModule.SimpleGraphicsInterface"/> 

Working now. Thanks anyway.