Remarks section on Overloads page

Sep 3, 2012 at 5:30 PM

I’m using Sandcastle Help File Builder Version 1.9.1.0.  I wanted to add a Remarks section to an overloads page, to appear below the automatically generated overloads list.  So I did:

<member name="MyClass(double)">

<overloads>

Initializes.a new instance of MyClass………………

<remarks>

Remarks about MyClass…………….

</remarks>

</overloads>

etc.

This compiles ok but the resulting overloads page has two identical copies of the intended Remarks section, one before the overloads list and one after.  That is, I get:

Remarks

Overload List

Remarks

Also I notice that the +- collapse/expand button doesn’t work on both Remarks sections.

Regards

Keith

Editor
Sep 4, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Upgrade to the latest release of SHFB (v1.9.4.0) and Sandcastle (v2.7.0.0) as I believe that problem has been resolved.

Eric

Sep 4, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Nope.  I uninstalled my old SHFB and Sandcastle and then upgraded to SHFB v1.9.4.0 and Sandcastle v2.7.0.0 (using Sandcastle Help File Builder Installer from http://shfb.codeplex.com/releases/view/81770) and the exact same problem is there.

Regards

Keith

Sep 4, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Cracked it.  I need <summary> tags as in:

<overloads>

<summary>

Summary text………

</summary>

<remarks>

Remarks text………….

</remarks>

</overloads>

To be fair (to Sandcastle), I should have looked at the Xml Documentation and would have seen the “Short Form” vs “Expanded Form” of the <overloads> tag.  I was trying to use a hybrid form, and it’s no surprise it didn’t work properly.

Regards

Keith