Help for Some Style Issues about SandCastle

Dec 18, 2012 at 11:36 AM

1. I don't know why,but the codeEntityReference tag's qualifyHint attribute seems not work. I want to hide the the namespace of the entity, so i set the qualifyHint to false,but the namespace still there.

<codeEntityReference qualifyHint="false">T:HelperApp.ICalculator</codeEntityReference>

any suggestion?

2. The codeEntityReference can get the reference of the , but how to get related comment  for this entity?

3. When I click a type, I want it link me directly to the "Members" page, not the description page of the type. How to do this? I other words,How can i get the all members page reference?

Any suggestion will be helpfull.

Editor
Dec 19, 2012 at 3:45 AM

Regarding #1, the element appears to be working as expected.  Are you having the issue in a particular help format (i.e. MS Help Viewer)?

Regarding #2, the codeEntityReference element is for creating a link to the member, not getting its comments.  There are no elements that will do that.  You could probably create a custom build component to do it depending on what you are trying to achieve.

Regarding #3, you can use the pseudo ID generated for the All Members page as the target ID.  It's in the form "AllMembers.T:TypeName".  For example:

<codeEntityReference qualifyHint="false">AllMembers.T:TestDoc.TestClass</codeEntityReference>

Also, please note that this project has been discontinued and may not be monitored as frequently. For future questions concerning Sandcastle, post them over on the Sandcastle Help File Builder project's discussion page. Thanks.

Eric