Oracle DLL

Jan 11, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Is it a way to avoid this sort of message  

" Warn: ResolveReferenceLinksComponent2: [M:XXX.Base.Oracle.OracleClient.SaveTransaction(Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleTransaction,System.String)] Unknown reference link target 'T:Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleTransaction'."

I add Oracle DLL on Sandcastle reference

thks DT

Jan 12, 2013 at 2:22 AM

The ResolveReferenceLinksComponent2 cannot resolve links to third party sites, since these
do not provide API to their documentations sites.

ResolveReferenceLinksComponent2 requires the existence of links. For the tools I am working
on, the Sandcastle Assist, there is support for embedded links, which you can use to resolve third
party links. What it does it to include the documentation of the third party libraries, but will not
display them in the table of contents.

If you are using some tools to build your documents, you might need to find out if there is any similar
support for third party libraries. 

Best regards,

Jan 12, 2013 at 7:42 PM

If you are using the Sandcastle Help File Builder, you can use the Additional Reference Links plug-in to supress those messages.  In short, you would create a project for the Oracle assemblies, add the Additional Reference Links plug-in to your main project's Plug-In Conifgurations, and configure it by specifying the project you created and the link type to use (i.e. None).

Also, please note that this project has been discontinued and may not be monitored as frequently. For future questions concerning Sandcastle or SHFB, post them over on the Sandcastle Help File Builder project's discussion page. Thanks.