Custom Presentation Style with custom header layout

Apr 19, 2013 at 3:38 PM
hi,

Version Compiler: 2.7.3.0
Version Builder: 1.9.7.0

I'm trying create acustom presentation style as described in the help. This results in two questions:
  1. Can I bind the logo to the style, so I do not have to create an Icons\Logo.gif in each Sandcastle project and must enter it under the project properties?
  2. What is the right way to completely overwrite the header layout. At first I thought I could do this with the MyStyle\Shared Content strategie. However, there seems to influence only part of the header.
And let me say: I'm new in using Sandcastle, but this tool inspires me a lot.

best regards
Mole
Editor
Apr 22, 2013 at 10:10 PM
The logo can be a permanent part of the style if you like. It's implemented in parameters in the existing styles since many people don't want a logo. The parameters are a convenience as then the implementation is part of the XSL transformations and the build tools do not need any special knowledge about how the presentation style is implemented beyond being given a set or parameters to pass in if used.

The header layout is mostly controlled by the XSL transformations. You'll need to modify them in order to alter how the header is rendered. The shared content items are mainly used to localize the text elements such as labels and link text.

Also, please note that this project has been discontinued and may not be monitored as frequently. For future questions concerning Sandcastle or SHFB, post them over on the Sandcastle Help File Builder project's discussion page. Thanks.

Eric