Missing shared content item

May 16, 2013 at 4:32 PM
I am running the help file builder on Windows 8 x64 and am seeing the following warning:

Warn: SharedContentComponent: [Overload:NetworkEngineer.Sdk.Inventory.NEPortClass.Search] Missing shared content item. Tag: 'includeAttribute'; Id:'altText_pub'.

I have not installed any SandCastle related bits other than those installed by the the guided installer. I am building a chm file using the help file builder with a VS2010 presentation style. I have also tried VS2005 but that did not seem to help.

I am guessing that there is something about the overloaded method which is causing the problem. The particular assembly uses the 4.0 .NET framework.
May 23, 2013 at 3:34 PM
I'm not able to duplicate that warning with the VS2010 or VS2005 presentation style. If you can send me a small example that demonstrates the problem, I'll look into it. My e-mail address is in the About box in the standalone GUI and in the footer of the pages of the SHFB help file.

Also, please note that this project has been discontinued and may not be monitored as frequently. For future questions or issues concerning Sandcastle or SHFB, post them over on the Sandcastle Help File Builder project's discussion page. Thanks.