Unable to create code documentation for winrt component?

Jun 6, 2013 at 12:15 AM
I have tried to create code documentation for winrt component using sand castle but I did not see any content in .chm file. And even I tried changing .winmd to .dll but still no use.

Can anyone please tell me how I can generate help content for winrt components?
Jun 6, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Edited Jun 6, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Please note that this project has been discontinued and may not be monitored as frequently. For future questions or issues concerning Sandcastle or SHFB, post them over on the Sandcastle Help File Builder project's discussion page. Thanks.

Regarding your question, please download the latest release of SHFB and Sandcastle from the SHFB project site noted above as they do contain support for .winmd documentation sources. That said, I don't do any Win RT development so I only played around with a dummy project. As mentioned in the v1.9.6.0 release notes, a majority of the user written code in the assembly is marked as compiler generated and thus does not show up in the help file. I may need an option to include compiler generated code. If this appears to be the case, a test project with something more useable than the dummy project I created would be helpful in seeing what needs to be changed to support them properly. If you are willing to send me one, my e-mail address is in the About box in the standalone GUI and in the footer of the pages in the SHFB help file. Thanks.

Oct 28, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Sorry to bump an old thread but I"m having the same issue here...any progress on documenting public sealed classes in a WinRT component?
Oct 28, 2013 at 11:20 PM
The same response applies as above. So far I've only played with a dummy project and nobody's sent me anything to demonstrate the issue in more detail. If you can send me an real example that doesn't work, I'll take a look at it.

Oct 29, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Email sent to you via CodePlex. Thanks!