Remove or Limit Index Entries

Jan 22 at 2:49 PM
Where would I look to change or eliminate the way Sandcastle generates Index entries?

My API has a huge number of classes and the index is unwieldy. Also, the namespaces are very long, adding to the file size.

What transform would I edit to eliminate index entries altogether?

What if I wanted to trim the prefixes of the namespace?

Is there a way to eliminate all the "About..." index entries?

Thanks for any help,

Ken
Editor
Jan 27 at 3:30 PM
The index keywords are generated in the metadata.xsl transformation files in each presentation style. There are a couple for Help 2 and a couple for MS Help Viewer. Each generates keywords using different metadata elements and there are a pair for conceptual and a pair for reference builds. Suppressing the metadata altogether isn't a good idea for Help Viewer output since the help viewer relies on it to generate the TOC so be careful what you remove. All formats rely on the index keywords to build the index so with out any index keywords, there won't be an index at all.

Please note that this project has been discontinued and may not be monitored as frequently. For future questions or issues concerning Sandcastle or SHFB, post them over on the Sandcastle Help File Builder project's discussion page. Thanks.

Eric