Warning "MSDN URL not found for target"

May 7, 2014 at 7:15 AM
Hello,

in my code, I have some methods that is based on the "Microsoft Fakes" API. Thus I am using the class FakesDelegates.Func<T> which is defined in the DLL Microsoft.QualityTools.Testing.Fakes.dll.

When I build the documentation on my class, I receive the warning
BuildAssembler : warning : ResolveReferenceLinksComponent: [Overload:MyClass] MSDN URL not found for target 'T:Microsoft.QualityTools.Testing.Fakes.FakesDelegates.Func`1'. [D:\Projects\Documentation\Working\BuildReferenceTopics.proj]

And indeed, this is right. This class is not documented in the MSDN and so of course Sandcastle can't find an URL.

Note that I get this warning either when I use a "<see cref" in my code, but also because I use this type as input or return parameter

So my questions are :
  • Can I avoid this warning ? This is a "normal" warning, that I can't resolve, and so I would prefer not to see it
  • Can I define a kind of replacement URL ? When I use this class, instead of trying to link to a MSDN URL, can I define another URL ?
Editor
May 7, 2014 at 7:17 PM
The warnings are normal and can be ignored. If they are bothersome, you can use the Additional Reference Links plug-in to convert them to non-clickable links and thus suppress the warnings for the assemblies in question.

Eric