Aug 27, 2009 at 10:38 AM

Hi All

I am using  Sandcastle Help File Builder GUI Version: . I am using .html file as help file and have added the <meta name="id" content="504393AE-9CE5-4fce-84BA-CE5FC726F57F">

<meta name="revisionNumber" content="1"> tag to all html files.Now I have created two child in “Content Layout.content” file, named (“Child1” and “Child2” for example) now I have one “Example.htm” file. I want to associate this one “Example.htm” to both nodes “Child1” and “Child2” but I am getting the error

“Two conceptual content files have the same ID (504393AE-9CE5-4fce-84BA-CE5FC726F57F).  The file with the duplicate ID is 'C:\Users \ Example.htm'”.How can I solve the Problem.

Aug 27, 2009 at 7:24 PM
Edited Aug 27, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Sharing a common file between two nodes currently isn't supported.  At build time, metadata for the topics is stored separately and is tied to the topic ID.  As such, you can't have two topics tied to the same ID and get different topic titles, index keywords, etc.  Just clone the file and give it its own ID.  By the way, for SHFB related questions, please post them in the SHFB discussion group (