Warning when build Sandcastle project

Dec 3, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Hi,

When building a Sandcastle project, I get the following warning:

WARNING: Could not find prerequisite '.NET Framework 3.5 SP1' in path 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Bootstrapper\'

I've already followed the suggestions listed here (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vssetup/thread/d3c1991a-9353-43f0-be82-2dacedc1ceba) but I still get the warning.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Dec 4, 2009 at 3:54 AM

Hi,

What kind of "Sandcastle project" do you mean?  Are you using the MSBuild project or the GUI that ships with Sandcastle, or are you using an automation tool such as SHFB or DocProject?

- Dave

Dec 4, 2009 at 5:13 PM
davedev wrote:

Hi,

What kind of "Sandcastle project" do you mean?  Are you using the MSBuild project or the GUI that ships with Sandcastle, or are you using an automation tool such as SHFB or DocProject?

- Dave

I believe we're using SHFB.

Editor
Dec 4, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Are you trying to build the actual source code for SHFB itself?  If so, it isn't required.  There's an MSI installer available from the project's Download's page so use that to install the SHFB tools.  If you do need to build the source code for some reason, you can probably just disable or remove the setup project from the solution.  For SHFB related issues, please post over in the Discussion board at the SHFB project site.  Thanks.

Eric

Dec 7, 2009 at 4:33 PM
EWoodruff wrote:

Are you trying to build the actual source code for SHFB itself?  If so, it isn't required.  There's an MSI installer available from the project's Download's page so use that to install the SHFB tools.  If you do need to build the source code for some reason, you can probably just disable or remove the setup project from the solution.  For SHFB related issues, please post over in the Discussion board at the SHFB project site.  Thanks.

Eric

We're not building the SHFB source code, it's our own project.

Editor
Dec 8, 2009 at 3:23 PM

I'd say the message is unrelated to building the help file then since the warning appears to be related to Visual Studio setup projects.

Eric