Sandcastle-June 2010 Release (Version 2.6.1062.1)
Jun 24, 2010
Other Available Downloads
In this release:
- Sandcastle code and tools that were used to produce the Visual Studio 2010/.NET Framework 4 documentation.
- Updated set of .NET 4 reflection files
- Over 100 bug fixes and improvements. (see the Changes/bug fixes document for details.) It was a large list of changes that were made and many of the fixes were for our own internal build process and not applicable to the Sandcastle project. I went through the entire list and attempted to include only the ones that were Sandcastle relevant and tried to make the titles descriptive about what the change is and what files were touched. If you have questions about any specific change, let me know.
- Microsoft Help Viewer 1.0 format (MSHC) support - Support for creation of xhtml files to be used in the new Microsoft Help System that was released with Visual Studio 2010 (see the MSHC Usage notes for known issues and usage instructions)
Confusing to install, but super easy to use.
Note that the codeplex library is depreciated and you should check out the github page for the latest.
I used a guided installation (link below) on the github page, which worked like a charm. It installed the help file generator and a GUI to assist. A few quick configuration changes and i had a chm help file generated with all my objects documented.
on Mon at 3:02 PM
I have used this before and with the built in intellsense support in VS 2010 and above its great for documenting libraries. Please go here if you use c++ as the schemas have been update but this is not the proper place to look for update releases to this product: https://github.com/EWSoftware/SHFB/releases
on Jun 1, 2015 at 4:56 PM
on Oct 26, 2012 at 8:56 AM
No integration, no tutorials, poor documentation. Simple task: Generate docs for a single class file. VS generated the XML, you give it to the SandCastle standalone app after creating a new project; it should be simple now, right? Wrong. Error messages left and right with names like "BLE1234"! Same for .sln. Help useless and complicated. Uninstalled. Doxygen on the same project worked immediately
on Aug 24, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Works like a charm.
on Jul 19, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Whats the deal here? I'm not too keen on downloading a link someone posted in the comments... What is the real latest version?
Went to the main page, I had a direct link to this one, front page answers my question!
on Jun 26, 2012 at 3:07 PM
STOP. This isn't the latest version of Sandcastle. Embarrassingly, the latest version isn't listed here
To download release 2.7 , you need to go to another site http://sandcastlestyles.codeplex.com/releases/view/86091
on May 29, 2012 at 3:07 PM
bug in 64bit system,build failed.
")\HTML Help Workshop\hhc.exe" "D:\Program Files\Sandcastle\Examples\test\vs2005\chm\test.hhp"
on Mar 26, 2012 at 6:34 AM
Sandcastle-June 2010 Release is Very good！
on Jan 18, 2012 at 12:13 AM
How do you like Sandcastle-June 2010 Release (Version 2.6.1062.1)?
on Feb 28, 2011 at 1:21 PM
I have no idear
on Oct 15, 2010 at 11:35 AM
You cannot use only with this downloads.
Please follow installation step as below.
1. Remove previous sandcastle.
2. Install VS2010 SDK.
3. Install this page MSI. It will creates a folder: Program Files/Sandcastle
4. Go to Source Code menu, download latest one, and install MSI inside a ZIP.
It will creates folder: Program Files/EWSoftware.
Finally it works. OK with VS2010+.NET4 project.
on Oct 7, 2010 at 9:06 AM
Current release link is only loading VS2005 project compliance - did someone change the download? Don't know, I am looking for something that will work with a VS2010 .NET 4.0 project.
on Sep 8, 2010 at 11:27 PM
Just spent two hours, maybe more, trying to get this thing to work with my xml comments file from VS 2013. What a joke...it didn't recognize any of the "members" in my xml comments file. Completely useless documentation online going over the same steps over and over again....nothing to help me with my problem. Couldn't see any visible errors in the build output either. Very frustrated right now.
on Mar 3, 2015 at 6:59 PM
No documentation or samples....
on Apr 25, 2013 at 5:22 PM
No documentation, no explanations, associated projects don't work. Epic fail.
on Aug 15, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Opera does not support ClickOnce X
To install this application, save it and then open it. Opening it directly from Opera will not work correctly.