Can Sandcastle handle Chinese?

Mar 1, 2011 at 9:08 AM
Edited Mar 1, 2011 at 9:11 AM

In my project, some class names are Chinese, xml commnets are Chinese. 

When I use Sandcastle, in one machine, it says unable to open chm\XXX.hhp. In another machine, it says converting unsupported high-order characters to 7-bit ASCII equivalents.

For Chinese readers:

我的项目中有些类名是中文,XML注释当然也是中文了。用Sandcastle的时候,一台电脑上说unable to open chm\XXX.hhp,换到另一台电脑上试,它又说 converting unsupported high-order characters to 7-bit ASCII equivalents。

我怀疑是不是 Sandcastle不能很好地支持中文啊?快疯掉了。

Mar 1, 2011 at 7:32 PM

The Help 1 compiler is not Unicode-aware and has problems with several languages such as Chinese.  There are some tools available that can help.  If you're using the Sandcastle tools by themselves, I'm not sure of everthing that needs to be done.  If you are using the Sandcastle Help File Builder, you can set the project's Language property to the language you need (i.e. Chinese) and add the DBCS Fix for CHM Builds plug-in to the project's PlugInConfigurations property.  Configure the plug-in by specifying the path to the SBAppLocale.exe utility and save the changes.  When you build your help project, the plug-in will make the necessary changes to the topics and the call to the help compiler to build them correctly.  See the plug-in's help topic for more information and a link to the SBAppLocale.exe utility.  Someone with more experience with help file localization may be able to give you more information if there any remaining issues.