ETA on next release?

May 6, 2008 at 7:16 PM
Does anyone know when the next release will be? I read somewhere on a blog that it was planned for end of April, but I haven't seen it yet.
Also, will the next release support the .Net 3.5 framework?
Thanks
May 6, 2008 at 8:12 PM
Hi,

The current release supports the .NET 3.5 Framework as far as I know. What exactly do you mean by that? (If you're referring to the syntax sections, I don't think there needs to be anything different from the 2.0 Framework...)

Anand mentioned on Apr. 30th that he was targeting a release for this week but that it's unlikely now.

- Dave
May 6, 2008 at 8:23 PM

davedev wrote:
Hi,

The current release supports the .NET 3.5 Framework as far as I know. What exactly do you mean by that? (If you're referring to the syntax sections, I don't think there needs to be anything different from the 2.0 Framework...)

Anand mentioned on Apr. 30th that he was targeting a release for this week but that it's unlikely now.

- Dave

Thanks Dave. We are set to release our product this Friday, and I wanted to generate the code documentation using the most current release of Sandcastle. Our application is built on .Net3.5 that's why I was wondering. Quoting the Sandcastle home page it says:

• Works with or without authored comments
  • Supports Generics and .NET Framework 2.0
  • Sandcastle has 2 main components (MrefBuilder and Build Assembler)
  • MrefBuilder generates reflection xml file for Build Assembler
  • Build Assembler includes syntax generation, transformation, etc
  • Sandcastle is used internally to build .Net Framework documentation

...but doesn't mention 3.5.
May 6, 2008 at 8:28 PM
Hi,

I think that Sandcastle feature set is a bit outdated. FYI, I've built help for applications that rely on the 3.5 Framework and I didn't notice any issues - probably because .NET 3.5 is built on .NET 2.0 anyway :)

- Dave
Coordinator
May 21, 2008 at 6:32 AM

davedev wrote:
Hi,

I think that Sandcastle feature set is a bit outdated. FYI, I've built help for applications that rely on the 3.5 Framework and I didn't notice any issues - probably because .NET 3.5 is built on .NET 2.0 anyway :)

- Dave

I will update to include 3.0, 3.5..etc. We are starting to build 4.0 internally. I expect to release a new version by next week (before May 30th).

Anand..