Sandcastle Help File Builder 1.7.0.0. Now Available

Editor
Jun 3, 2008 at 5:53 AM
Edited Jun 3, 2008 at 3:58 PM
The latest release can be downloaded from http://www.codeplex.com/SHFB/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx.  This release includes support for the Sandcastle May 2008 Release (v2.4.10520). In addition, it contains bug fixes and several new and updated features. Most notable is integrated support for defining and building conceptual content.

Be sure to read the
Version History as there are some potential breaking changes and several non-breaking changes in behavior with this release.

Presentation Style Patch - Starting with this release, the presentation file patches are begin distributed in a separate CodePlex project (
Sandcastle Styles) along with some related tools and guides. The project is not live yet, but will be in a few days.
Jun 3, 2008 at 1:42 PM
Thanks for this great work and the supports for the community.
God bless you.

Best regards,
Paul.
Jun 3, 2008 at 5:17 PM
Hi Eric,

great work, as expected! It is so cute. I felt in love from the very first time. The only thing I dislike is not being integrated with VS. Nevertheless at the moment I'm favoring the SHFB solution over the DocProject. I'm thinking creating a package for the SHFB, but i'm not shure getting enough time for it. Will you support me with your SHFB knowledge, if I get the VSPackage up and running? I'm a bloody newby in VSX as I pointed out in the microsoft forums, but I'll expect to get it done, once I'm starting.

How do you think about this idea?
Editor
Jun 3, 2008 at 6:19 PM
Hi Rainer,

That sounds like an interesting idea.  Actually, I've got a To Do item to look at the new VS2008 shell/package as a means of creating a separate version of SHFB that does integrate into Visual Studio.  The conceptual content editor added to the new SHFB release works quite well but looking forward, I can see lots of features that could be added and using the shell may be a better approach as it has a lot of that stuff built in already that wouldn't need to be duplicated in the SHFB GUI.  I'm a total noob in the VSX arena too so it will be a learning experience.  We should probably move this discussion to the SHFB forum (http://www.codeplex.com/SHFB) since it is specific to SHFB.

Eric
Jun 3, 2008 at 7:25 PM
Edited Jun 3, 2008 at 7:31 PM
Hi Rainer,

Would you mind letting me know what features in particular you feel that DocProject is lacking?  The next release of DocProject 2008 is a VS Shell application so if you have ideas on how I can improve it I'd like to know :)

(You can reply in DocProject's discussions area)

Thanks, 
Dave
Jun 4, 2008 at 9:19 AM
Hi Dave,

I'll post as soon as I got a little more time.

Cheers,
Rainer