Controlling where namespaces appear in table of contents

Feb 29, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Is it possible to control where a namespace appears in the table of contents? Right now they all appear at the bottom of the table of contents (with my "custom" pages at the top).

Editor
Mar 1, 2012 at 3:10 AM

It depends on what you're using to build the help file.  For example, if you are using SHFB, there are a number of options available.  The ContentPlacement project property will let you place the API content above or below the conceptual content.  The content layout file provides options to parent the API content within the conceptual content which provides finer control over its placement.  If build MS Help Viewer output there are also options available for parenting your content within the collection.  See the Content Placement Options topic for details.

If you want to spread various individual namespaces throughout the conceptual content, there isn't currently a way to do that.  However, I have been sent a plug-in for SHFB that provides support for doing that.  I haven't had a chance to look at it yet and merge it but I will eventually.

Eric