"Code:" dropdown box to select which languages to show

Jan 15, 2009 at 12:40 PM
At the top of the right hand pane, there is a "Code:" dropdown box to select which languages to show.
I am working only in C# so I would like to see only C# examples.
When I change it to show only C#, it does it correctly for that page, but when I move to another page, it pops back to including all the languages.
Could you figure out how to make my selection stick for the duration of my interaction with the online help?
Jan 15, 2009 at 12:58 PM
If should work if you are building Help 2.x.
If you are building Help 1.x and using the VS2005 style, then apply the fix here to persist the settings

I have not investigated a similar solutions for Hana and Prototype styles yet. Infact, I have never used
any of those styles in my real work projects. Now, that I have a build script to build those styles, I will
investigate the solutions for then soon.

Best regards,
Jan 15, 2009 at 3:33 PM
The patch breaks the VS2005 language filter in website builds when viewed with FireFox and needs testing with the other major non-IE browsers to make sure it works with them too.  Hana seems to have the stuff needed to use the same persistence patch but it doesn't work when applied there currently. The Prototype style appears to lack all support for persistence so it's probably a much larger fix for it and probably involves modifications to the transformations to output the necessary elements to support it in each topic.