Class Summary also appearing on all public Struct Members help pages

Aug 10, 2013 at 8:40 PM
I've added a <summary> for my main class, however that same summary text then goes on to appear on all of the public structure Members help pages as well.

This would seem to be a bug to me? or is there some configuration option that I'm missing?

Does anyone know a way to prevent the class summary from reappearing on these Structure Members pages.
Editor
Aug 10, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Edited Aug 10, 2013 at 11:37 PM
I'm not seeing that behavior with either the VS2005 or VS2010 style. Are you using the latest release? Can you provide an example class the reproduces the problem?

Also, please note that this project has been discontinued and may not be monitored as frequently. For future questions or issues concerning Sandcastle or SHFB, post them over on the Sandcastle Help File Builder project's discussion page. Thanks.

Eric
Aug 12, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Edited Aug 12, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Hi Eric,

Thanks for your quick response,

I'm using SHFB v1.9.7.0 and SDCT v2.7.3.0 i believe these are the latest.

I've created an example class that demonstrates the problem (I tried to add an example project as an attachment, but can't find any option for including attachments) Hope the below example will be enough for you to reproduce the issue:

Once the help file is compiled you'll see that the text "This is my summary for the class" is also appearing in the "Class1.TestValues Members" page.
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Threading.Tasks;

namespace ClassLibrary1
{
    /// <summary>
    /// This is my summary for the class
    /// </summary>
    public class Class1
    {
        /// <summary>
        /// This is my summary for the struct
        /// </summary>
        public struct TestValues
        {
            int x;
            int y;
        }
    }
}
Interestingly the problem is only present in the 2010 style.

Regards, James
Editor
Aug 13, 2013 at 8:00 PM
For some reason, the header template for list pages includes an xsl:if statement to include the comments from the parent class for member list pages. I've removed it for the next release. For the time being, you can remove the xsl:if statements from the t_putMemberIntro template in %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Sandcastle\Presentation\VS2010\Transforms\main_sandcastle.xsl.

Eric
Aug 15, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Thank you, That solved the problem.

James