Need to ignore filtered classes as reference

Feb 18, 2009 at 8:40 PM
  I ran into a problem with Sandcastle, the details are here:  I was able to clean up many of these errors by filtering more classes out of my documentation.  I have a use cases that I cannot solve in this way however.  I have a number of internal classes that I use as base classes.  I do not consider them to be part of the API.  There are classes that are part of the API that inherit from these base classes.  When Sandcastle attempts to create the documentation for these public classes it does not find the documentation for the base classes because Sandcastle has filtered that documentation out.  I am wandering if there is a way to have Sandcastle ignore these base class references since Sandcastle filtered out those classes documentation?

Pat O
Feb 19, 2009 at 2:07 AM
They aren't errors, just warnings that let you know something might be missing.  As such, you can safely ignore them if you know the target won't be found.  As mentioned in the prior thread, if you're using SHFB and want to suppress the warnings, you can use the Additional Reference Links plug-in to include another project that does produce reflection info for just the missing items.  Set the project's link type to None in the plug-in config and the warnings will be suppressed.  See the plug-in's help topic for more info.