How to add XML code snippets to conceptual topics

Apr 12, 2014 at 12:29 PM

I am trying to add XML code snippets to the Conceptual topics, is there a way I can do that?
The code snippets file does not have XML as one of the options.

I tried using <code> tag also but it throws an error :(

Apr 12, 2014 at 6:31 PM
Edited Apr 12, 2014 at 6:34 PM
Can you be more specific? There's the codeReference element and the code element. The code element is preferred as it will colorize the code and can import code from a give file and optionally a specific region. If the latter is what you are trying to use, be aware that the root folder for relative paths is the project folder. The error, if it's complaining about missing code files will tell you where it's looking. You can add the Code Block Component to the project and change the configuration to tell it what path to use as the root folder for finding code. See the Sandcastle MAML Guide for details on the MAML elements. See the Code Block Component topic in the SHFB help file for details on its extended options.

Please note that this project site has been discontinued and may not be monitored as frequently. For future questions or issues concerning Sandcastle or SHFB, post them over on the Sandcastle Help File Builder project's discussion page. Thanks.